When and where:
Friday, September 22
9:00 a.m - 4:00 pm
University of Missouri - St. Louis
(Information will be updated with room information before the event.)
Course Title: What am I getting myself into? A Drupal Crash Course for Non-Developers
Are you responsible for project management, content, or vendor selection and preparing to work with Drupal? This one-day training delivers all of the tools you need to get started. Delivered by the author of three Drupal architecture and planning books, this training will answer the questions you didn’t even know to ask!
Targeted to the non-developer, this training is perfect for individuals that need to get up and running in Drupal - fast! Individuals that are brand new to Drupal will walk away with the confidence to work within the Drupal framework and community.
This course provides a broad introduction to Drupal, tailored specifically for content editors and project managers. Students will learn the essential skills necessary for managing and configuring content on Drupal websites.
This course is perfect for the non-technical site user looking to learn:
- Drupal Terminology
- The pillars of Drupal core functionality explained
- How to extend, manage, and get the most out of your drupal site
- Considerations to raise for your development team
- How to easily set up a “sandbox” for free, to experiment with Drupal
- How to QA a site before accepting delivery
Attendees will benefit from the practical, hands-on knowledge provided during this training including:
- The ability to vet Drupal vendors and developers, for those attendees that are in the selection process
- A fully functional sandbox environment for trying out your new Drupal skills and experimenting with modules you may want to utilize on your site
- What to look for when accepting delivery of a new Drupal site for your company and what questions you should be asking your development team
- Answers to all of your Drupal related questions, and the ability to start adding content to your site right away
- Practical knowledge for working in the Drupal environment as a project manager, content editor or marketer
About the Trainer
Cindy McCourt is a Drupal planner, builder, and trainer with the Promet Source Drupal Training Practice. She built her first site with Drupal 4.5 and didn't look back. In 2011, she shared her planning and building experience in the book, Drupal: The Guide to Planning and Building Websites. She also coauthored Drupal 8 Explained and Drupal 7 Explained with Steve Burge.
There are a limited number of tickets available for this training. If you are unable to attend, please let us know via email so that we are able to give your seat to another student.
What to bring
Your laptop. Prior to class, please download and install the appropriate (MAC or PC) version of the Acquia Dev Desktop which is freely available with this link: https://dev.acquia.com/downloads.
Questions? Contact Promet Training directly at email@example.com
You can purchase a training ticket only if you don't plan to attend any of the sessions on Saturday. If you plan to attend both training and sessions, you will need to purchase a training ticket and general admission ticket. Tickets can be bought together in the same transaction.