When building a website, testing the website functionality is pretty straight-forward. But from the front-end, testing can be overwhelming and hard to manage. What do I test? How do I test? How can I feel confident that my site will look good and works well on all types of devices?
In this talk, we'll review some tools and techniques that can help manage the effort to find and address front-end issues before your users discover them. Types of testing covered may include cross-browser testing, responsive behavior testing, performance testing, accessibility testing, and front-end testing automation, This talk is geared towards anyone who is interested in testing and website quality.
Tools covered in the presentation:
- Emmet Re:View Chrome Extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/emmet-review/epejoicbhllgiimigokgjdoijnpaphdp?hl=en
- Chrome Developer Tools: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools
- BrowserStack: https://www.browserstack.com
- WebPageTest: http://www.webpagetest.org/
- GTmetrix: https://gtmetrix.com/
- BugHerd: https://bugherd.com/
- Ghost Inspector: https://ghostinspector.com/